JT20 Directional DrillThe JT20 lets you do more so you can make more. With plenty of power packed into a compact size and new features like an easy-to-use carve mode and time-saving LCD display, the JT20 helps you work faster so you can tackle more jobs. More productivity. More profits.
- Compact size allows greater productivity on residential and urban jobsites; JT20 has a high ratio of power to size, allowing you to install more utilities per day in tight, congested areas.
- Rack-and-pinion design offers 17,000 lb of thrust and 20,000 lb of pullback force for outstanding performance on a wide range of installations.
- Automated, intuitive carve mode reduces operator fatigue and is easy to set up and adjust; compatible with industry-leading TriHawk® HD housings and bits for superior efficiency and productivity in hard, compacted soils and soft rock.
- The JT20 has no grease zerks—the competition has 19—and all daily maintenance points are in one easy-access location, reducing service time and increasing productivity.
- Coordinated makeup feature increases the life of drill pipe joints by automatically matching carriage speed with rotation during pipe makeup and breakout.
- Industry-best cruise control system simplifies drilling and backreaming.
- Auto-throttle feature saves fuel and reduces pollution by slowing the engine to idle after 15 seconds of inactivity; when you resume work, the auto-throttle engages.
- SaverLok™ System provides the tightest connection and best protection against wear and tear on the drill pipe and drive system; easy to install and replace, requiring no special tools.
- Turbocharged, 74.5-hp Deutz diesel engine is Tier-4 compliant, requiring no expensive after-treatment; engine’s diesel oxidation catalyst replaces the muffler and decreases emissions.
- At only 87 dBA, engine is among the quietest in its class, for increased operator comfort and reduced environmental impact in urban areas.
- Comfortable operator’s station provides excellent visibility of the drill pipe and pipeloading system; open-top vise wrenches are angled toward the operator for an excellent view of the tool joint.
- Best-in-class, heavy-duty anchor system with 16 inches more engagement than competitors’ drills, for outstanding stability.
- Dual rear independent stabilizers are easy to set up and enhance stability on uneven or rough terrain.
- Exceptionally efficient Sauer H1 hydrostatic pumps control rotation and thrust; design enhancements include a larger displacement pump and simplified, two-speed hydraulic thrust circuit for increased reliability.
- Color, LCD display provides engine diagnostics and informational messages.
- Drilling fluid system has greater capacity than those of competitors; high fluid flow enables longer utility installations and better performance in sandy soils.
- Advanced cooling system uses five fewer gallons of fluid than competitive systems, for exceptional efficiency, less cost and less environmental impact.
- Proven tethered ground drive controller allows you to maneuver the drilling unit to a position that provides better visibility, easier loading/unloading and easier positioning.
- Large-capacity, automatic drill pipe lubrication system.
- JT20 is compatible with the industry-leading Ditch Witch TK Series HDD Guidance System, for greater efficiency and productivity.
Overall machine length
Overall machine width
Overall machine height
Overall machine weight
11,890 lbs with full rack of pipe
10° to 14°
Angle of approach
Angle of departure
Spindle speed, max
Spindle torque, max
Carriage thrust travel speed
Carriage thrust pullback travel speed
Thrust travel speed
Pullback travel speed
Ground travel speed, maximum
|Power – TIER 4|
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's gross power rating @ 2600 rpm
|Power – TIER 4i|
|Power - Tier 3/4i|
|Drilling Fluid System (On-Board)|
|Drilling Fluid System|
Drilling fluid pressure, max.
Drilling fluid flow, max.
Engine oil with filter
|UFE Drill Pipe|
Length of drill pipe, nominal
Diameter of drill pipe tool joint end
Diameter of drill pipe
Minimum bend radius
Weight of drill pipe, lined
|Single Piece Forged Drill Pipe|
|Power Pipe® HD|
|Power Pipe Forged|
|Power Pipe Forged (900#)|
|Power Pipe® HD (900#)|
|Power Pipe Forged (For Dirt Drilling)|
|All Terrain Pipe|
SAE reserve capacity rating
SAE cold crank rating @ 0° F
|Battery – TIER 4|
|Battery (2 used)|
|Battery – TIER 4i|
Additional Directional Drills