JT100 Directional DrillThe 268-hp JT100 is an incredibly powerful machine, but it’s not power that makes it so productive—it’s how the power is distributed. The JT100 is designed to deliver power where it’s needed to complete the bore in the most efficient manner, without compromising power to other machine functions. There’s plenty of power for an optional onboard crane and onboard anchor system, too, which eliminate the need for additional equipment for pipeloading, anchoring, and other tasks, and give the JT100 a unique ability: the power to reduce the size of the jobsite.
- The JT100’s 268-hp engine delivers more raw power more efficiently to all machine functions so the installation can be completed faster.
- With 100,000 lb of pullback and 12,000 ft•lb of torque, the JT100 is the ideal HDD unit for very long bores, such as river crossings, and installations of large-diameter pipe.
- Optional onboard crane and exclusive Ditch Witch heavy-duty anchor system eliminate the need for large and expensive support equipment, reducing transportation costs, setup time, and jobsite size.
- Exclusive dual-pivot drill frame allows for steeper entry angles without raising the tracks off the ground, for outstanding machine stability and greater operator comfort.
- With its infinitely variable rotary drive, the JT100 is the only drill in its class that can truly match spindle speed and torque, enabling it to power through virtually any soil condition.
- Heavy-duty, double rack-and-pinion thrust drive is field-proven to push through the longest, toughest bores.
- Large-capacity, 230-gpm fluid pump plus larger hoses and fittings help move fluid downhole faster, for greater productivity; special damping feature reduces the downhole shockloads associated with greater fluid flow.
- Exclusive assisted makeup feature automatically adjusts carriage thrust speed when making up and breaking out drill pipe, minimizing wear on pipe threads and extending the life of the drill pipe.
- Specialized Ditch Witch-manufactured drill pipe is designed to provide greater strength and flexibility.
- The JT100 is the only drill in its class that enables the transfer of drill pipe from one box to another—and add or remove the upper pipe box—without additional support equipment, so the pipe box is never empty.
- Efficient hydraulic cooling system requires significantly less hydraulic fluid than competitors’ models, reduces maintenance costs, and keeps the engine operating efficiently throughout the workday.
- Ditch Witch dealers sell and support everything necessary for directional drilling operations, including the drilling unit, fluid-mixing systems, downhole tools, drill pipe, and electronics.
Overall machine length
Overall machine width
Overall machine height
10° to 15°
Angle of approach
Angle of departure
spindle speed, max
spindle torque, max
Carriage thrust travel speed
Carriage pullback travel speed
Thrust travel speed
Pullback travel speed
Ground travel speed
|Power – TIER 4|
Turbocharged & charge air cooled
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's gross power rating 2300 rpm
EPA Tier 4i
|Power – TIER 4i|
|Power - Tier 3/4i|
|Drilling Fluid System (On-Board)|
|Drilling Fluid System|
maximum Drilling fluid pressure
maximum Drilling fluid flow
|UFE Drill Pipe|
Diameter of drill pipe tool joint end
Diameter of drill pipe
Minimum bend radius
Weight of drill pipe
Weight of 12 drill pipe in box
|Single Piece Forged Drill Pipe|
|Power Pipe® HD|
|Power Pipe Forged|
|Power Pipe Forged (900#)|
|Power Pipe® HD (900#)|
|Power Pipe Forged (For Dirt Drilling)|
|All Terrain Pipe|
SAE reserve capacity rating
SAE cold crank rating @ 0° F (-18° C)
|Battery – TIER 4|
|Battery (2 used)|
|Battery – TIER 4i|
Additional Directional Drills