RT45 Compact Riding TrencherThere’s an easy way to remember the ideal machine for trenching 4- to 5-foot trenches: the Ditch Witch® RT45. With its direct-coupled, high-torque digging chain motor and Tier 4 engine, the RT45 has plenty of power to muscle through the earth—with your choice of trencher, backhoe, earth saw, vibratory plow, microtrencher, or combination trencher/plow attachments—while you enjoy its roomy and comfortable operator’s station. With all of its customer-driven design features, it’s no surprise that the RT45 has been the rental industry’s number one choice in its horsepower class for the last 50 years.
- User-friendly operation, with color-coded speed/direction and attachment controls; backfill blade controlled by a highly responsive joystick.
- Advanced operator presence system designed to promote safety by stopping the engine when operator leaves the seat.
- Advanced air-filtration system designed to improve engine performance; air filter elements are easy to access and replace.
- Exhaust system is mounted under a composite hood with a horizontal exhaust pipe, diverting noise and hot air from the operator.
- Easy-to-use foot pedal controls the infinitely variable ground drive forward and reverse.
- Direct-coupled, high-torque digging chain motor designed for increased production and reliability.
- Tier 4, 49-hp Deutz® diesel engine is designed for minimal maintenance and maximum operator productivity.
- Outstanding versatility: attachments include a centerline or dual-position trencher, vibratory plow, earth saw, microtrencher, combination trencher/plow, and backhoe.
- Operator’s station features one-piece molded instrument console designed to provide ample legroom and greater visibility.
- Monochrome LCD display provides all engine diagnostics and easy-to-read gauges.
- Engine service points are easily accessible from one side, simplifying maintenance.
Trench depth, max.
Angle of approach
Angle of departure
Trench width, min to max
6 in - 12 in
Boom angle, down
Boom angle, up
Centerline of trench to outside edge
- Left, min
- Right, min
Head shaft height, digging chain
Head shaft overhang
Spoil discharge reach, min to max
17 in - 20 in
Maximum forward speed
Maximum reverse speed
Vehicle clearance circle (SAE)
- Front steer only
- Coordinated steer
Basic unit weight
Maximum digging chain speed
Number of cylinders
Manufacturer's gross power rating (SAE J1995)
Estimated net power rating (SAE J1349)
EPA Tier 4i
Lift height, above ground
Blade drop, below ground
Maximum swing angle, left/right
Tilt angle, up/down
Ground drive transmission
Hydrostatic drive, infinitely variable from zero to maximum, foot-pedal and hand-lever operated speed/direction control
Dana Model 44, Limited slip (optional); Dana Model 60, limited slip (optional)
Ground drive speed/direction control brakes machine hydraulically when moved to neutral position
Attachment drive transmission
Hydrostatic, lever operated, speed infinitely variable from zero to maximum forward with limited stroke reverse
Trencher drive transmission
26 x 12.00-12, 4-ply bar lug
29 x 12.50-15, 4-ply bar lug
|Hydraulic System @ 2300 rpm|
Ground drive pump capacity
Ground drive pump relief pressure
Attachment drive, trencher
Attachment drive, plow/saw
Attachment pump capacity
Auxiliary pump capacity
Auxiliary pump relief pressure
25 psi (1.7 bar) return/charge pump; 15 psi (1 bar) bypass, 10 micron
|Hydraulic System @ 2600 rpm|
SAE reserve capacity rating
SAE cold crank rating @ 0⁰ F (-18⁰ C)
Auxiliary power outlet
Additional Heavy Duty Products